Issue in starting search service for a server in MOSS Farm

I was deploying moss in a farm environment and faced strange issues. My configuration was a webserver, a query server and a database server. I deployed sharepoint on a webserver and join index server in farm. But when I tried to start services on index server the status seems to be stucked at "starting".
I tried to disconnecting and reconnecting index server in farm but problem seems to be persitent.
I tried running following command
stsadm -o spsearch -action stop
to stop search service and then issueing
stsadm.exe -o execadmsvcjobs
and strangely my problem get resolved.
I don't know the reason as my timer service was working fine before issuing above commands.
I am not sure about the issue so any comments will be really helpful in this regards

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sharepoint 2007 Showing outlook Inbox using outlook active X control

IIS Configuration Error Error: Cannot write configuration file due to insufficient permissions

Grails - Introduction