Sharepoint - How to design printer friendly pages

I was thinking about adding support for printing my content pages in my share point site. As I have done this before in my custom side so I utilize same idea for hiding content displayed in my master page in print view. I created a css file and published in my style library and add css link in my master page with media set to print

<link href="[cssfilelink]" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="print" /&gt

Then I added following 4 css classes in my stylesheet. After finishing this when I print my sharepoint page from browser it autmatically removed master page section and print only content area.

.ms-globalbreadcrumb
{
display:none;
}

.ms-globalTitleArea
{
display:none;
}

.ms-bannerContainer
{
display:none;
}

.ms-navframe
{
display:none;
}

Any suggestion or better strategies for achieving above is welcome

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sharepoint 2007 Showing outlook Inbox using outlook active X control

IIS Configuration Error Error: Cannot write configuration file due to insufficient permissions

Grails - Introduction