Issues in sending MOSS Alert from Document Library

Working with MOSS is great but sometime its make you crazy for small issues. That happens to me.........

I was working with document library and adding alerts on document for notification from MOSS whenever any new document get inserted in the system. I realize that few of my alerts were not working. i.e. I get the initial email from Sharepoint application telling me that you have subscribed for alerts but when I did insertion nothing comes up in my inbox.

I did lot of searching on internet but didn't find anything related to my issue. I have verified that my timer service was properly scheduled and running and my user has proper rights on document library.

After sometime I realize that my alerts were working fine with normal document library but were behaving abnormally when I try to us custom content type. So I remove required alert and add a new alert for all type of changes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and suddenly I get flooded with alerts in my alerts.

Now I understand issue. Issue was that whenever I try to use custom content type. Sharepoint is not raising add alert and send change event instead.

I am not sure how to fix this issue but I have decided to add alert for addition and modification as a work around but does any body has any idea related to fix for this issue??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sharepoint 2007 Showing outlook Inbox using outlook active X control

IIS Configuration Error Error: Cannot write configuration file due to insufficient permissions

Grails - Introduction